Saturday, April 30, 2011

Uncontrolable kids at the grocery store

I love my weekend trips to the grocery store. I love to find great deals, use my coupons and save BIG money. What I don't like are the unruly kids the flood the isle ways as their parents are too busy shopping or talking on their cells to pay a lick of attention.

I arrived at my local Meijer store today with list in hand, coupon file and my walking shoes on. For those of you who have no idea what a Meijer is I will tell you. It is a one stop shop, you can get almost anything there and it is a huge store. As I started my shopping journey I was immediately annoyed by the two boys who had on those shoes with the skate wheels on the bottom. They were skating up and down the isles knocking into people as their father didn't seem to have a care in the world. All I want is to get as far away from them as possible. As I am coming down to the end of an isle there are 3 small children grabbing at a paper towel display. Of course they knock about 15 rolls off of the shelf and their mom just keeps on walking. Seriously what is with people. Then came the kid that irritates me the most. The one that is sitting in the shopping cart screaming its head off and the parent just keeps going. I was beginning to lose my patience and I just wanted to finish my shopping and get the hell out of dodge.

My last stop the deli, the hubby needs lunch meat. Well as I arrive at the Deli so does the mom with her screaming kid. God, why me. I get what I need and made a B-line to the check out. I pull into isle number 11 only to have the two boys with the shoes skates on get behind me. I throw my stuff up on the counter and there two boys start skating up the isle towards me, baam right into my backside. I turn around thinking the father might say "sorry". I don't know why I would have thought that. It took every ounce of energy I had not to yell at these kids.

A note to parents, pay attention to what you kids are doing, it they are screaming their head off, please remove them from the store. NO one wants to hear that. If you kids are misbehaving, please put them into check. They should know better anyways, If you can don't even bring them shopping with you. If you have someone to watch them, trust me they are better off. A crowded grocery store on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon is the last place any kid wants to be.

.........and yes, I do have a daughter and no I never let her act like that in public

No comments:

Post a Comment